Yoga Nidra is one of the most sought-after remedies today when it comes to correcting your sleep schedule. People who are leaning toward meditation and yoga definitely know what this is but if you’re looking forward to committing to better wellbeing, learn more about the benefits of Yoga Nidra before you start practicing it.
The constant stress and worries in life can make you twist and turn in your bed all night long. If you’re suffering from irregular sleep and anxiety, you’re not alone. Since most of the population is facing the same thing as you, it’s time you start paying attention to your physical and mental wellbeing. If achieving a good night’s sleep has become a distant dream for you, thanks to your worries, you need to indulge in Yoga Nidra.
What is Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra is a powerful technique of mind control that puts your body and mind into relaxation mode. It rewires your brain and gives you an extra time frame to get into a deeper state of relaxation.
How to Practice Yoga Nidra?
It is very simple to perform Yoga Nidra. All you need to do is turn off the lights in your bedroom and keep your devices away from you, making sure there are no distractions. Lie down on your bed and start noticing the flow of energy in your body while focusing on your breath work.
8 Incredible Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Improves sleep: The mindful breathing technique that you practice will relax your body and calm your mind, putting you in a deep sleep. Practicing 30 minutes of Yoga Nidra will help you unwind from your everyday stress and ease your muscles, which will bring improved sleep.
- Reduces stress: Turn down your stress with Yoga Nidra where you will slowly enter into a state of being between wakefulness and sleepiness, but you won’t lose your consciousness. This state will release the happy hormones in your body, putting you at an ease.
- Connect with yourself: If you’ve lost a touch with yourself, engaging in Yoga Nidra will help you bring the lost connection back. Indulging in this form of meditation will help you acknowledge your emotions and also release unwanted, negative energy.
- Enhances self-love: Since you are able to relax better now, you will start appreciating the positive things in life. This positivity will lead to self-love, which will help you deal with problems in life with a happy face.
- Reduces chronic pain: This practice gives your body time to rest, heal and restore, which in turn brings down the inflammation and improves your bodily functions.
- Goodbye PMS symptoms: If you experience PMS or irregular periods, it’s time to bid them goodbye with this meditation. You will start noticing how you feel less agitated and your overall energy and mood improves.
- Detachment from your thoughts: As your mind begins to quiet, your thoughts will come and go before they eventually stop. You will realise the power of being still.
- You can enjoy life: Over time you will begin to see the world in a positive manner. You will draw strength and joy from your surroundings and learn to live in the present.
Indulge in Yoga Nidra and reap its many benefits.