As you wind your way up the short lane at the base of Cypress Mountain and pull into Mulgrave School’s parking lot, you’re immediately taken by the vista. The views of the ocean, surrounding forest, and the city in the distance are truly breathtaking. Looking more closely, you’ll notice elements like the International Baccalaureate logo, a beautiful totem pole, and welcoming symbols of inclusion that reflect the school’s purpose and values.
Mulgrave’s mission of Inspiring Excellence – the pursuit of personal best – in Education and Life is one that rings true in its holistic approach to education for every student from their wee preschoolers to the Grade 12s who are ready to spread their wings. With the IB programme at its core, Mulgrave offers an enriching academic environment infused with the arts, athletics, outdoor education, and service and leadership opportunities.
The school is a mere 30 years old, but its well-established campus and reputation are a testament to the organisation’s commitment to providing an outstanding, forward-looking education. With a personalised approach for students and purpose-built spaces ranging from a climbing centre to makerspaces, young people can truly thrive while they discover their passions and build the skills necessary for a rapidly changing world.
Applications Now Open for the 2024-25 Mulgrave School Year
Interested in pursuing admission to Mulgrave? The school has intake years – meaning new spaces are added – in Preschool for 3 and 4 year olds (known as PK3 and PK4), Kindergarten, Grade 7, and Grade 10. Spaces may be available in other grades.
The deadline to apply for PK4 to Grade 11 is December 1, 2023 and for PK3 is February 1, 2024.
The admissions team at Mulgrave strongly recommends visiting the school for an Open House or tour prior to the application deadline. There are a number of events coming up in October and November; you can book your visit on their website.
Financial assistance is also available for students entering Grades 7 and up on a needs basis. It can be in the form of full or partial tuition relief and can include items such as school bus transportation, support for school trips, and uniforms.
Mulgrave School Quick Facts
- Gender-inclusive independent school offering preschool to Grade 12 located in West Vancouver
- IB Continuum School authorised to offer the Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programmes
- Outdoor education facility in Squamish known as the SOLE Centre for day and overnight trips
- Overall ratio of 7 students to 1 faculty, including specialists in languages (French, Mandarin & Spanish), physical education, and visual and performing arts as well as university/career and personal counselors
- All students engage in the arts, athletics, outdoor education, and service and leadership
- Strong focus on student wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, and global citizenship
- Graduating students pursue a wide range of post-secondary programmes from engineering to film
- Warm, welcoming community with strong school-family partnerships